We are currently accepting resumes for the following position:
Founded in 1999, the High Park Nature Centre (HPNC) is a not-for-profit organization that instills awareness, understanding and respect for the natural world. We engage people of all ages in the stewardship of High Park’s significant natural areas through hands-on outdoor environmental education and park stewardship. Our year-round programs inspire park visitors to develop closer connections with nature in their city and ensure a sustainable future for High Park for generations to come.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications Coordinator is responsible for managing the HPNC’s communications and marketing initiatives. The Coordinator will work with staff to develop outreach materials and provide communications support. The Communications Coordinator will also manage the HPNC’s social media accounts, website and e-newsletter, and maintain consistency in the organization’s messaging.
- Develop, coordinate and monitor the HPNC’s annual communications plan to broaden reach and deepen the impact of HPNC activities;
- Collaborate on various communications projects;
- Manage creation, distribution, and maintenance of all print and digital media, including:
- Bi-weekly e-news blast for an external audience of current and past program participants, donors, members, partners, and supporters
- Promotional posters and brochures for HPNC programs and events
- Consistent and engaging posts and conversations on social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
- Manage and update content on the HPNC’s website and play a key role in the refresh of the website;
- Assist with campaigns and events, including (but not limited to) Cherry Blossom Watch, Doors Open Toronto, Giving Tuesday, monthly donor and year-end giving appeals;
- Coordinate and schedule nature-focused social media and blog posts by staff and volunteers;
- Solicit and track media opportunities;
- Maintain and enhance the HPNC’s photo library;
- Submit monthly reports on communications activities, engagement levels, and progress; and
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in communications, public relations or equivalent; 1-2 years of experience in communications;
- Educational background or strong understanding of ecology and conservation is a strong asset;
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, Hootsuite and all social media platforms;
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS is an asset;
- Graphic design, layout experience and photography skills are preferred;
- Social media brand management experience;
- Experience working with volunteers or in a non-profit environment;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and strong attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability for effective teamwork as well as independent work;
- Ability to prioritize among competing goals to execute on deadlines; and
- Positive, professional approach with strong work ethic and initiative.
Position Details: This is a permanent part-time position at 15 – 20 hours per week. Weekend work required.
Application deadline: March 24, 2017 at 5pm.
Please send a cover letter and detailed resume outlining your experience as one PDF file to Diana Teal, Executive Director, at email@example.com with “Communications Coordinator” as the subject of your email.
We appreciate everyone’s interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, in person visits or emails please.