Ages 6 – 9
Raccoons is the perfect way to refresh after a long indoor school day or a long week at school! Kids get outside for a serious dose of wilderness right here in Toronto. In the woodlands, we forget that we are even in the city as we find intricate lichens, invite chickadees to land on our hands, jump in a pile of leaves, or feel the mud beneath our feet.
Our activities are guided by the seasons and weather conditions. Some areas of focus will likely include:
- Hiking to some of High Park’s places of natural wonder
- Wildlife tracking and bird watching
- Learning about and safely tasting wild edibles
- Animal and plant identification
- Planting native plants (spring and fall)
- Making maps and orienteering
- Removing invasive species
- Making nature crafts
- Playing nature games
- Snowshoeing (winter)
For more information about our Raccoons club, click here.
For more information about different clubs we offer, click here.
High Park Nature Centre
Wednesday, January 30, 2019
Wednesday, February 13, 2019
Wednesday, February 27, 2019
Wednesday, March 20, 2019
Wednesday, March 27, 2019