Cherry Blossom Ambassador
We are looking for an energetic, motivated team to connect people with the cherry blossoms this spring. By becoming a Cherry Blossom Ambassador in High Park, you will work with the High Park Nature Centre team to learn all about the history and ecology surrounding these iconic trees before facilitating outreach for High Park visitors.
- Facilitate outreach with visitors to High Park to increase awareness of responsible cherry blossom viewing, the history of the cherry trees and the importance of the environmentally significant areas.
- Provide responses to questions visitors may have;
- Survey the general public for the first three digits of their postal code and other possible information;
- Track statistics and report to Programs Director;
- Communicate effectively and frequently with Program Director and Coordinators regarding successes and challenges to outreach delivery;
- Evaluate and provide recommendations on the ambassador program annually; and
- Liaise with volunteers, user groups, agencies and the public.
- Demonstrated ability to stay calm in busy, crowded situations;
- Experience in outreach, education or customer service;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Toronto’s ecology and natural history an asset;
- Demonstrated ability for effective teamwork as well as independent work;
- Creative and enthusiastic with excellent problem-solving skills;
- Able and willing to work outdoors in all conditions;
- Current CPR and First Aid certificates or willingness to acquire; and
- Current criminal record check or willingness to acquire.
Terms of Employment:
- Short term contract (approximately 3 weeks of the spring in April or May). Hours will be variable and is dependent on the Cherry Blossom Bloom.
- Weekend and evening work required (typically 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.).
Rate of Pay: $14 -16/hour
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter as one PDF file to Jon Hayes (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Tuesday, March 19 at 5:00 pm. Due to the volume of applications we receive, no follow up phone calls or emails please.